Monday, August 12, 2013

Wig Review No. 1: Doll Wig

Hey guys! This is my first wig review though I have been cosplaying for years already. "OTL

I really love wearing wigs since I can't dye/color my hair with different shades and I can't style my own hair since it has life on its own. Well literally, when it wants to be straight, it's really straight, when it wants to be curly and wavy, it's curly and wavy. So yeah, alive hair. *Medussa? YIKES!*

Lately, I've been seeing many posts of different people from a cosplay page wearing these cute wigs. I really like it since it gives you this 'doll like' effect. I admire dolls with really long hair and shiny and curly and *nosebleed* :)) And when I saw one of my favorite shops online who sells wigs **DRUM ROLL... DUN DUN DUN DUNNNNNN~ ** I bought one immediately. Ow, btw, the shop is Kawaii Hayari :D

Here's how the wig looks like. :) 
Left: Original Photo                 Right: Actual Photo

REAL DEAL BEHIND THE DOLL WIGS

Big color difference huh? Yeah, that's just my problem when it comes to buying wigs. Some shops would actually say that it's just because of the computer's display settings, but I dunno, the color I usually get from wig shops are way too light than the reference photos posted on their websites or pages. I think it's some kind of disappointing when you receive wigs that aren't that similar to those posted photos. Sometimes I feel kinda 'deceived' because it looks too perfect but when you have it, it's like "What the f*ck?"

Well, my problem is just the color. Good thing I didn't buy the styled ones like those GOLDILOCKS CURLY CUTE WIGS that they have. =w= I might burn them to death if they give me loose curls or super different wig from what I saw from the site. *I just get quite violent if I get disappointed, so be careful. LOL*

VERDICT:

Thickness: 4/5
It's quite same as the ref. photo. Well, it's not too thick not too thin.

Softness: 5/5
Really really soft =w= And it's really easy to comb and manage!

Shininess: 2/5
No, it's not really shiny. Doesn't really look synthetic at all.

Color: 3/5
The wig looks like Dark Brown + Ash Blonde in the ref. photo. But in the actual one, it looks more like Chocolate brown and Yellowish Blonde? Way too light ._.

Style: 5/5
The bangs are good, the body is good. Since it's straight, I have no other questions in the styling.

FINAL VERDICT: 4.5/5
It's ALMOST perfect. But we should always remember that, nothing's perfect :)) And I guess the color is just one thing that makes this wig imperfect. And by the way, some Filipino cosplayers use this term "cancerous" to wigs. Cancerous means if the wig strands fall from the wig while your combing it or brushing it. No >.< It's not cancerous at all =w=

Here's some other photos of me and the wig, imitating the 'styling' from the shop. :) Excuse my eyebags and uncolored, untrimmed, thick brows. And also if I'm not as pretty as the real model there. HAHAHA! No makeups at all, sorry ._.

LOL. I feel like shit while doing this. Pigtails and ribbons :))))

And say hello to those brows and shiny forehead! Can you see your reflection from my forehead?

Do you also have wigs? Comment and share your thoughts about your wigs too!



4 comments:

  1. Few years ago I bought long,brown haired wig.
    I looked so stupid in it, that I said "never again" xD
    But now I'm looking at all of these beautiful wigs and I think that soon I'll change my mind :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But I looked kinda stupid in these photos too. :D HAHA! No make-ups at all </3 Doesn't fit le image. LOL

      Delete
  2. I can feel yah! I also love wearing wigs since my hair is rebonded and can't be styled that much. //sulks

    well 2 of my daily wigs came from Vogue Royal Cosplay.. and I was planning to buy some wigs from Kawaii Hayari too :3

    anyways, the wig looks good on you :D though I might suggest to turn off the flash when talking a selfie :3

    ReplyDelete